Friday 15 August 2008

Formula One.

Just thought i'd share the process of how i come up with campaigns for the portfolio. I'm not big on formulas (they remind me of those massive marketing textbooks at uni) but this is definitely one i'm glad i came across once upon a time. I don't know where it came from or who devised it, but it's pretty simple and it works for me:

So firstly pick a product (sometimes the hardest part for some reason).

Then write down everything about it, good and bad. Try to avoid obvious selling points, find an insight.

Look for a human benefit that could occur due to one of these insights.

Turn this into your strategy - the sentence that your ideas and executions will adhere to.

From your strategy come up with a strapline.

Turn your strapline into a full-blown integrated campaign.

I know i'm not going into any depth here but i think it's a pretty good basis for idea generation for your book. Who ever said advertising isn't easy?

No comments: